Parks and Pubs 2002
Ever since I was of driving age, I wanted to go on a road trip to see the American West.
Well, many factors intervened in the meantime, as well as many other vacation opportunities.
The problem with a road trip is that it takes a long time to loop through the United States--it
really is a huge country. Well, finally, I decided to go for it, and after driving nearly
4,000 miles, I saw many things, and now want to see more.
Because of the sheer number of photographs, I've divided this section into various
subsections. Click on the date with the material you want to view. Here's a quick guide:
- July 18: Travel through Iowa to Omaha, Nebraska.
- July 19: Travel through Nebraska; Scotts Bluff National Monument.
- July 20: Travel to Denver, Colorado; a Brewers-Rockies baseball game.
- July 21: Rocky Mountain National Park and the Estes Park area.
- July 22: Downtown Denver walking tour.
- July 23: Travel to Pinedale, Wyoming; the Wind River range.
- July 24: Grand Teton National Park; Yellowstone National Park.
- July 25: Yellowstone National Park; Buffalo Bill Dam and Reservoir.
- July 26: Bighorn National Forest; Devil's Tower National Monument.
- July 27: Mount Rushmore; Crazy Horse; the Badlands.
- July 28: Travel through South Dakota and Minnesota to Wisconsin.
If you can't tell, I had a really good time. I know many people followed my journey
as I traveled--I was posting photos and descriptions almost every night while I was on
vacation for the benefit of those whom I left behind. Thanks to all of you who sent me
feedback and made the journey with me!
Parks and Pubs 2002|
Thursday, July 18, 2002
Friday, July 19, 2002
Saturday, July 20, 2002
Sunday, July 21, 2002
Monday, July 22, 2002
Tuesday, July 23, 2002
Wednesday, July 24, 2002
Thursday, July 25, 2002
Friday, July 26, 2002
Saturday, July 27, 2002
Sunday, July 28, 2002
This site was originally designed in 1996 using Adobe PageMill.
The current incarnation is a back-to-basics type of site, making extensive
use of server-side includes to create page geometries and interactive